How To Tell If Someone Is In An Abusive Relationship
If you think someone is being abused ask yourself some questions:
1. Is she acting out of character?
2. Has she quit her job, or told you how much her man loves her because he never wants her to work?
3. Does she style her hair differently?
4. Has she stopped wearing make-up?
5.What about her clothing, has she started dressing more conservative? 6.Does she act differently when he is around?
Abused women come from all races, ages, socio-economic classes, religious affiliations, occupations, and educational backgrounds. These are some of the characteristics of an abused woman.
1. Has low self-esteem.
2. Believes all of the myths about abusive relationships.
3. Believes in family unity and feminine sex-role stereotype.
4. Accepts responsibility for the abuser’s actions.
5. Suffers from guilt, but denies the terror and anger she feels.
6. Has severe stress reactions.
7. Uses sex as a way to establish intimacy.
8. Believes that no one will be able to help her resolve her situation.